Horse Bridle are designed to hold the bit in the horse’s mouth and translate hand signals, while you ride, to tell them where to go, or when
WHAT IS A HORSE BRIDLE?
Let’s say it, riding a horse is as fancy as owning its equipment and fancy leather goods. In general, a horse bridle is a leather covering equipment that goes on the front face of the horse. The purpose of installing a harness onto the horse is to apply pressure at different areas, which further helps in controlling the horse. Most of the bridles installed on a horse are there to keep that communication between the rider and the horse.
What are the different types of Horse Bridle?
While riding a horse, it’s the most important aspect to check if the bridle fits well and does not go dislocated. Thus, for the different riding styles, a person can use different horse bridles available in the market. If you are not sure about the correct one for your horse, you can take assistance from a professional as well.
There are certainly two main classes of horse bridles: English and Western bridles.
It is the most professional form of horse bridle that comes from the origin of horse riding. More so, it is mainly used for the following reasons – jumping, trail riding, and dressage. This type also includes a noseband which is useful for better control. Furthermore, it comes under the following variations –
- Snaffle Bridle – It is the most commonly used bridle as it provides functionality for doing any horse riding. Most snaffle bridles consist of one bit and one set of reins.
- Dressage Bridle – The most common way to identify dressage bridles is that they are usually black in color. It will certainly coordinate with a black dressage saddle, but sometimes it also comes with a brown tack. One of the common trends of dressage bridle is that they come along with a flash noseband.
- Hunter/jumper bridle – It is the most traditional-looking bridle type that comes in different styles. Some of these come in fancy horse bridles, whereas others can be available as plain noseband styles.
- Double bridle – As the name suggests, double bridles come in a set of two bits and two reins. More so, they are mainly used for competitive dressage as it gives complete control over the rider. The other name for double bridle is Weymouth bridle.
- Pelham bridle – Pelham bridle is sometimes referred to as curb bit as it comes with one bit and two sets of reins.
The trend of western horse bridles is most common among American-style horse riding. Unlike English bridles, these horse bridles do not include a noseband or sometimes even a browband. Horse riders generally use these reins for trail riding or rodeo-style riding.
Most of the western horse bridles consist of – one bit and one set of reigns. It consists of a single cheekpiece on each side of the horse’s face. In general, all designs of western horse bridles are lightweight and do not weigh much pressure on the horse.
The common types of western bridles are generally not suitable for professional horse riding. However, with customization, you can better look at the bridles and manage them as per your will. Also, these are generally preferable as fancy horse bridles that promote a great look.
We offer high-quality Horse Bridles at an affordable cost!
With a range of horse bridles available at our site, you can purchase them right away with a few clicks. Just be sure that you are selecting the right ones that satisfy your need. Henceforth, you can stand out in the show ring by purchasing fancy horse bridles from us. No matter what your need is, your horse bridle will be there at your doorstep with a few clicks. In addition, it will take about 3 to 4 days for us to deliver the parcel after the shipping process is complete.